DEFENSIVE RIDING COURSE
This is a 4 hour, advanced course that will better prepare riders to anticipate hazardous road situations and react to them quickly, safely, and effectively. This program will incorporate techniques learned and mastered by police motor officers, and will improve the riding abilities even the most seasoned operator. At the end the course, participants will receive a completion certificate as well as a refined skill set and new found confidence. Some of the exercises practiced in this course include: Straight line braking, breaking in a curve, rear and crash avoidance, 30 MPH weave, swerving, and more!
In this course, riders will...
• Better familiarize with their bikes size, weight, capabilities, and handling dynamics in both hazardous situations and everyday riding.
• Practice braking, evasive maneuvers, and crash avoidance exercises that may save your ride and hide from serious damage, injury or death.
This course is intended for experienced motorcycle riders, who have a firm grasp of the basic skills of operating a motorcycle, but desire to become a better, safer, and more confident rider. This is a challenging course, so riders must have physical stamina to withstand a full day on the range.
• Motorcycle endorsement on license
• Ownership of a motorcycle: cruiser, touring, sport, dual-purpose (must be street legal).
• Motorcycle must have:
– Valid registration
– Valid inspection (where applicable)
– Valid insurance coverage
• Intermediate rider skill level
• Rider safety gear, to include:
– DOT approved helmet
– Eye protection
– Above-the-ankle boots - high top sneakers are not acceptable
– Gloves (open, or full-fingers)
– Durable, long pants - no athletic pants of any kind
Course Length: 4 hours
Maximum Class Size: 12 participants (we are very strict on class sizes, and classes do fill up quickly)
Note: We do not offer refunds on training. Please notify us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend, we will be happy to reschedule you for a future class.
**Private classes for groups or clubs available for any course. Call or text 336-749-7606 with any questions or to schedule a class**
Riding High Harley Davidson
3036 NC-68 High Point, N.C. 27265